Data Privacy and Security
Marshall Grant, PLLC counsels clients of all sizes in the best practices and strategies to protect their information, as well as the information they handle for others, from unlawful access or disclosure. Having competently-drafted contracts and consistently enforced handling procedures helps prevent the damage and liability resulting from a data breach. Additionally, we have counseled our clients on insurance policies related to coverage for data and related breaches to further insulate our clients from exposure. We work with our clients to understand their business operations and create a system for data security that fits easily into their operations.
Marshall Grant, PLLC most commonly handles the following types of Data Privacy and Security matters:
- Drafting website Privacy Policies
- Drafting contracts for the handling of PII (personally identifiable information)
- Drafting contracts for the handling of PHI (protected health information)
- Compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Compliance with state laws related to private and protectable information
- Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – EU) and other federal laws
For more information about the firm’s Data Privacy and Security practice, please contact us. We welcome your inquires.